Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Random Life Changing Experience

First, I want to say... Do Not Eat Instant Mr. Noodles brand "noodles in a cup". They contain cotton seed oil which is not for human consumption. Look it up. I only did the search because of the terrible smell of gas that was very unusual to my voracious appetite for oriental noodles. I knew something was wrong so I looked at the ingredients and cotton seed oil popped right out at me. Cotton is for clothing, not eating. Who dreams these schemes up? Keep the cotton out of my food, thanks. I think it may actually be poisonous so I am washing it all down with water, garlic, onions and pork chops. Not to mention the pile of carrots and cauliflower dipped in ranch dressing. All that and I can still smell a rank smell coming from what is normally the toxic waste dump of stomachs. Things tend to burn up pretty fast with my metabolism, normally. This past couple months has been very different however. In fact, it has now been 5 days since my last cigarette which is likely the reason my sense of smell has come back with a vengeance. I have been smelling things from far away and it really bothers me. I have no choice with my current budget as I wait for a rental supplement and volunteer more time here just to make extra money for groceries. A numbness in my left hand is motivating me to become more physically active and scaring me into quitting smoking. Like I needed another reason, I'm making a list of things to buy with extra money which includes 1 GB DDR2 PC5300 Memory and some back up rechargeable batteries to start. Many year ago, I did the same thing and used all my smoking budget  for computer upgrades, site hosting memory and storage. Making this commitment is not that difficult since it has been on my plate for a long time, beating the nicotine fits are a minor challenge at this point since they say after 3 days it is out of your system and the rest is mental. I can tell you, luckily I got through the worst of it over the long weekend. Sleep and rest was essential to avoiding the nic fits. So please do not smoke around me, offer me a smoke, ask me about smoking or the ridiculous new cigarette package design, which by the way is certainly not the reason I am quitting. I am quitting for science!

No comments:

Post a Comment